GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced Civil Engineer Roads/Transport (f/m/d) for its headquarters in Cologne/Germany to support its international development projects.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|Germany / Cologne||Immediately||Permanent position||until filled|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting group with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH. Our companies are mainly active in publicly financed development cooperation projects worldwide. For over five decades, we provide a wide range of consulting services, characterized by professional experience, technical expertise of our multi-cultural teams, profound understanding of specific donor requirements as well as a worldwide network of local companies and branch offices that guarantee a close proximity to our customers. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com.
In order to strengthen and support our Health & Social Infrastructure Department at our headquarters in Cologne/Germany, we are looking for a full-time civil engineer (f/m/d) for the road/transport sector, preferably with experience in donor-financed international development cooperation. In this position, you will be responsible for technical expert input, project acquisition, technical and organisational coordination, including result monitoring. You will also undertake short-term assignments in our current and future projects abroad. Moreover, you will be involved in guidance and training of local or international staff.
Main Duties in this Position
As a project manager/technical backstopper, you will be responsible for:
- Contact with clients (ministries / development banks etc.) and partners and coordination of project approaches at an early stage;
- Participation in the preparation of pre-qualifications / expressions of interest and independent follow-up, including liaison with potential national partner companies and potential candidates for international and national assignments;
- Responsibility for the preparation, processing and / or coordination of technical and financial proposals with partner companies and internal service departments, including staff organization.
- Technical and financial project management;
- Coordination, monitoring and evaluation of project activities within the project team;
- Proactive coordination of project progress and milestones with clients and project partners;
- Quality assurance and control at the HQ in Cologne and, if required, on site (technical backstopping and control missions);
- Control of schedules (assistance in meeting deadlines) during reporting and editing of reports;
- Monitoring of compliance with invoicing deadlines;
- Follow-up of invoices issued in coordination with the project controllers;
- Preparation of project agenda and new contracts.
- B.Sc. (or higher) in civil engineering and advanced experience in project management / team leading / design and construction supervision / studies and implementation projects / FIDIC (and/or PRAG) type of contracts.
- ESHS experience would be desirable.
Required expertise / profile
- Proven track record in the road & transport sector with at least 10 years of professional international experience;
- Experience in technical and financial management of international development projects;
- Familiar with international donors (e.g. KfW, World Bank, EU) and the full project cycle from identification to implementation, completion and evaluation;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Very good command of the German and/or English language; French would be an additional asset;
- Willingness to work on a permanent basis in Cologne/Germany, with occasional missions/short assignments abroad.
- Interesting and challenging position in an international working environment;
- Open, modern and multi-cultural team;
- Position with high flexibility and development possibilities;
- Remuneration package with 13 monthly salaries per year as well as extra remuneration for international assignments;
- Flexible working hours (option of working from home).
If you are interested
We look forward to receiving your informative application documents – motivation letter with information on earliest start / notice period and gross salary expectations, up-to-date curriculum vitae, copies of professional degree(s) and work certificates to:
Quoting the Job ref. no.: HIS-CE.R&T/2022-07
Please note that we can only consider applicants with a valid residence and work permit for Germany / European Union (at least Blue Card EU)!