To strengthen and support our Climate and Natural Resources Department at GITEC-IGIP, we are looking for a motivated Project Manager (f/m/d) with regional project experience in Africa to start as soon as possible.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|Germany/Cologne with regular international project tripsn internationalen Projektreisen /||As soon as possible||Permanent employment||30 September 2021|
Your future employer
GITEC-IGIP GmbH is a leading consulting firm in the field of international development cooperation. For more than five decades, GITEC-IGIP has been characterized by professional experience, activities on four continents, a multicultural team as well as a worldwide network of companies, and acting closely with its clients. On behalf of various international donors, we mainly carry out publicly financed projects and are constantly looking for qualified staff both for our head office and our projects.
To strengthen and support our Climate and Natural Resources Team, we are looking for a motivated and experienced Project Manager (f/m/d) with project experience in Africa. In this position, you will be responsible for project acquisition and technical and organizational coordination of our projects abroad, support of project teams (backstopping), and result-oriented management. As a technical expert, you will also contribute to project implementation and monitoring through short-term or long-term assignments. In addition, you will support teamwork by guiding and training internal, local, or international staff.
Your main duties
For project acquisition:
- Liaising with clients and following up on early-stage project approaches;
- Participation in the preparation of expressions of interest and independent follow-up, including the search for partners and experts;
- Independent preparation and/or coordination of the preparation of technical proposals, including staff organization and preparation of financial proposals.
For ongoing projects:
- Coordination and monitoring of the project teams’ activities;
- Quality-assuring backstopping from the head office and, if provided for, on-site;
- Proactive coordination of project progress and milestones with clients and project partners;
- Monitoring of deadlines for reporting and editing of project reports;
- Monitoring of compliance with invoicing deadlines;
- Preparation of project extensions and development of the acquisition potential of ongoing projects.
As a technical expert for short-term assignments abroad:
- Technical and financial project responsibility;
- Team leadership or participation as a member in the project team;
- Fulfilment of the technical tasks according to the project’s terms of reference;
- Responsible for reporting /coordination of report preparation;
- Coordination with project partners and client’s local offices.
Requirements for this position
- University degree (M.Sc.) in agricultural sciences, agricultural economics, rural development or comparable;
- At least 8 years of professional experience in development cooperation with international project assignments in Africa;
- Specific work experience in some of the following thematic areas: sustainable value chains (agriculture/forestry, tourism, fisheries), climate change (mitigation and adaptation, climate-smart agriculture), irrigation, IT (GIS, development of apps for (small) farmers, etc.), financing instruments (financial incentives / result-based payments, microfinance), safeguards;
- Experience in preparing proposals for national and international donor organizations (KfW, GIZ, EU, World Bank, etc.);
- Very good written and spoken language skills in French and English; German language skills will be an advantage;
- Independent, responsible and accurate way of working;
- Analytical, conceptual, and holistic way of thinking and proceeding;
- Commitment, motivation, and flexibility;
- Distinct ability to work in a team; professional competence;
- Strong communication and persuasive skills;
- Good MS Office skills.
Your perspectives in this position
- Challenging and varied position in an international working environment;
- Open, modern, and global corporate culture, flat hierarchies;
- Position with high flexibility;
- Good transport connections by public transport as well as free parking facilities.
If you are interested
We look forward to receiving your informative application including a cover letter with details of earliest availability, salary expectations, curriculum vitae, and references.
Please send your application documents stating the reference number CNR-GIC-09.2021 to: Careers@gic-group.com.
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!