For an on-going project, GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced Resident Engineer (f/m/d) with specialisation in Water Treatment Plants.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|Mozambique / Maputo||For immediate start||Long-term assignment||Latest by 28 February 2019 / until filled|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. For over five centuries, GITEC-IGIP and IGIP characterise professional experience, activities on four continents, a multi-cultural team as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. In the framework of international development aid our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com.
The project, funded by World Bank, aims for improvement of conditions of water supply in the metropolitan area of Maputo. The main project tasks are the construction of water treatment plants (WTP) and transmission facilities, pumping stations, a control tank (CTA, a centralised technical management system (SCADA) and otehr ancillary strcutures. Furthermore, the access to clean water for the residents in the Greater Maputo Area shall be increased.
Your Main Duties in this Position
- Overall duties of a Resident Engineer
- Support the Chief Resident Engineer on his duties
- On-site budget control
- Reporting of the project progress
Your Educational Background
At least Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent
Your Expertise / Profile
- At least 15 years of sound post-graduate experience in the supervision of construction and contract management based on FIDIC conditions of contract and other international procedures
- At least 5 years of proven experience as Resident Engineer of water treatment plant (WTP) and waste-water treatment plant (WWTP) construction as well as contract management based on FIDIC conditions of contract and other international procedures
- Minimum of 2 years of recent international (outside of home country) project experience within the construction environment in developing countries as well as in the construction of water treatment plants
- Regional experience in Mozambique or neighbouring countries would be an advantage
Time Schedule / Duration of Assignment
The project is on-going and will run until February 2022.
The duration of your assignment in this role is set for the entire project period; the exact assignment times are subject to project needs.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability
Quoting the Job ref. no.: RE-MOZ-02.2019
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!