For up-coming projects, GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced Team Leader (f/m/d) with proven experience in the implementation of international financial cooperation projects in rural areas related to environmental/ natural resource management, conservation, and sustainable development, as well as experience in monitoring and knowledge management.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|South and Central America / various countries||Planned for 2020||3-4 years, depending on project requirements||on-going search / until filled|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE is a consulting group with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH. Our companies are mainly active in publicly financed development cooperation projects worldwide. For over five decades, we provide consulting services in 5 business areas: (1) Water and Sanitation, (2) Health and Social Infrastructure, (3) Waste and Energy, (4) Environment and Climate Change, and (5) Natural Resources and Rural Development. Our services comprise all steps of the project cycle, including planning and evaluation, engineering and implementation as well as institutional and human resources development. Our work is characterized by professional experience, technical expertise of our multi-cultural teams, profound understanding of specific donor requirements as well as a worldwide network of local companies and branch offices that guarantee a close proximity to our customers. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com.
Various projects funded by German Financial Cooperation (KfW) in Latin America.
Your Main Duties in this Position
- Support of the Project Implementing Agency (PIA)/ Project Management Unit (PMU) in coordination, execution, and monitoring of the project. Among others: Support in operational planning, preparation of the Annual Operational Plan (POA) and investment plans, preparation/ updating of the Project Operational Manual (MOP), communication strategy and other management tools;
- Support of the PIA/ PMU in mobilization of short term experts and acquisition of equipment and services in compliance with KfW procedures: Support in the preparation of Terms of Reference (ToR), order of services, technical specifications and draft contracts; supervision and monitoring of contract execution;
- Technical assistance, capacity building and knowledge management;
- Support to the PIA/ PMU in financial management, inspection, and approval of invoices, as well as management of project costs and financing;
- Preparation of project progress reports as well as supervision and quality control of technical reports;
- Support to the PIA/ PMU in establishing a monitoring system to monitor project progress, impacts and risks, including the implementation of a risk management system and corresponding safeguards.
Your Educational Background
- Academic background at postgraduate level in Agronomy, Forestry, Geography, Biology or related areas.
Your Expertise / Profile
- Proven experience in leading expert teams.
- Specific knowledge and professional experience in forest conservation, protected area management, natural resource management, sustainable development, sustainable value chains and/ or related expertise. Experience with results-based payments such as payments for environmental services, REDD+ and/or REM, is desirable.
- Experience in modern methods and instruments of planning, management, and monitoring of projects, as well as knowledge management.
- Experience in compliance with international standards as regards environmental and social risks, occupational health and safety.
- Good command of Portuguese or Spanish and German or English.
Time Schedule / Duration of Assignment
The duration of the assignment and the exact assignment times are subject to the specific terms of reference for each project.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV, copies of relevant diplomas and employers‘ certificates including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability to:
Quoting the Job ref. no.: INTERNATIONAL TEAM LEADER-FINANCIAL COOPERATION IN SOUTH AND CENTRAL AMERICA_11.2019
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!