For an on-going irrigation project in Eastern Ethiopia (Semera), GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced international mechanical expert with specialisation in heavy machinery.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|Ethiopia / Eastern region (Semera)||1 March 2020||short-term assignment||asap|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. For over five centuries, GITEC-IGIP and IGIP characterise professional experience, activities on four continents, a multi-cultural team as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. In the framework of international development aid our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com.
The project focuses on water supply and irrigated agriculture and operates in nine woredas in the Afar Region.
Your Main Duties in this Position
The mechanical expert would be responsible for the assessment of an operation and maintenance concept of the project machinery, i.e.
- Low-bed-trailers (for the transport of the machinery between shelter and field)
- Fuel tanker (for provision of fuel during the deployment of machinery in the field)
- Bull dozers (for clearcutting of the invasive plant Prosopis juliflora)
- Tractors and seeding machines (for reseeding of rangeland grass)
- Backhoe loaders (for civil works on irrigation sites)
- Hydraulic excavators (for civil works on irrigation sites).
The assignment consists mainly of the following:
- Preparation of operational plans for these machines during their deployment outside the rainy seasons
- Plan for maintenance of the machinery in the field
- Plan for maintenance of the machinery in a storage camp during the rainy season
- Elaboration of all necessary resources (such as amount of fuel, grease, spare parts,…)
Your Expertise / Profile
- More than 10 years of experience in developing operation and management systems for heavy duty machinery.
- Conversant in identifying machinery workshop requirements, tools, spare parts and skilled manpower planning.
- Experienced in capacity building and staff training programs.
Time Schedule / Duration of Assignment
We need someone for a first mission of 6-8 weeks in March 2020 and a second one of 4-6 weeks later in the year (probably October), depending on the arrival of the machinery.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV, copies of relevant diplomas and employers‘ certificates including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability to:
Quoting the Job ref. no.: ETH-ME-AFR-0011
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!