For an on-going tender, GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced Team Leader (f/m) with specialisation in roads and bridges rehabilitation / improvement as well as regional experience in the Greater Mekong Subregion.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|Lao PDR / Champasak Province & Vientiane Province||Planned for May 2019||Project duration: 6 years / Assignment period: 54 person-months||Latest by 14 December 2018 / until filled|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. For over five centuries, GITEC-IGIP and IGIP characterise professional experience, activities on four continents, a multi-cultural team as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. In the framework of international development aid our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com.
The project, funded by ADB, aims for following seven infrastructure subprojects including road and port rehabilitation, reservoir and waterfall access improvements, access road and bridge improvements, urban renewal and solid waste management improvements.
Further details on the project will be shared with qualified experts.
Your Main Duties in this Position
- Responsible for the supervision of the international and national project management and civil engineering support (PMCES) consultants
- Jointly responsible for overall project management together with the international tourism specialist / Co-Team Leader (ITS/CTL)
- Direct and supervise all aspects of the project’s detailed design, documentation, contracting and supervision of all civil engineering works connected with the realisation of the infrastructure subprojects and capacity building for infrastructure operation and maintenance (O&M) and public-private partnership (PPP) development
Further tasks and details on the duties will be shared with qualified experts. Qualified experts would also be requested to support on proposal writing in their special field of expertise.
Your Educational Background
- Advanced degree (MSc.) in Civil Engineering or related engineering discipline relevant to the project
Your Expertise / Profile
- At least 12 years’ experience in leading similar multisector design and implementation projects
- Strong regional experience in Greater Mekong Subregion (GMS)
- Experience in Lao PDR as well as with ADB project implementation will be advantages
Time Schedule / Duration of Assignment
The project is scheduled to start by May 2019 and will run for 6 years.
The duration of your assignment in this role is set for 54 months over the project period; the exact assignment times are subject to project needs.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability
Quoting the Job ref. no.: TLRI-LAO-11.2018
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!