For an on-going project, GITEC-IGIP is looking for an experienced Chief Resident Engineer / Construction Contract Management Expert (f/m) with specialisation in Construction Supervision of Wastewater & Sewage Treatment Plants as well as regional experience in India.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|India / Madhya Pradesh||On-going project / Assignment start: January 2019||24 man-months||Latest by 14 December 2018 / until filled|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP Holding SE with the two managing companies GITEC-IGIP GmbH and IGIP mbH is a leading consulting company for development aid projects. For over five centuries, GITEC-IGIP and IGIP characterise professional experience, activities on four continents, a multi-cultural team as well as a world-wide network of companies and offices in close proximity to customers. In the framework of international development aid our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web sites at: www.igip.com and www.gitec-consult.com.
The project, funded by KfW Development Bank, comprises the construction of a centralised wastewater collection system and a number of sewage treatment plants (STPs) with SBR technology. The design horizon is the year 2048 for five project towns in Madhya Pradesh, India, where currently no such services exist.
Further details will be shared with qualified experts.
Your Main Duties in this Position
- Responsible for the overall construction supervision of the project measures
- Supervision and guidance to the 3 Resident Engineers (in Hoshangabad, Idore & Jabalpur) and 5 Site Engineers at Project Implementation Unit (PIU) level
- Manage all contractual parts
- Advise the Madhya Pradesh Urban Development Company (MPUDC) on all contract related matters
- Advise the MPUDC on all claims, disputes and variation orders
Your Educational Background
- Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
Your Expertise / Profile
- 15 years of experience in construction supervision
- 10 years of professional experience as Chief Resident Engineer responsible for construction supervision of wastewater collection, treatment and disposal systems
- Experience from work in at least 5 projects of similar nature with assignments longer than 12 months
- Expert knowledge on administration of FIDIC based (Yellow Book / Gold Book) or World Bank based DBO contracts from both the contractual side and the construction supervision side
- Sound experience in working in teams composed of international and national experts
- In-depth experience in dealing with variation orders, claim management and settlement of disputes
- Work experience in the Indian sub-continent is preferable
- Good command of English language (written and spoken)
Time Schedule / Duration of Assignment
The project is already running and is scheduled until January 2021.
The duration of your assignment in this role is set for the entire project period; the exact assignment times are subject to project needs.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability
Quoting the Job ref. no.: CRE-IND-12.2018
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!