For ongoing and future international development projects GITEC-IGIP GmbH is looking for (Chief) Resident Engineers with profound knowledge of urban drainage systems and/or wastewater management, and strong experience in supervision of construction and implementation activities using FIDIC contracts.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|India / as per project||from January 2024||12 months +||as soon as filled|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP GmbH is a leading consulting company for development and international cooperation projects. GITEC-IGIP’s multi-cultural team and global network of companies and offices has more than five decades of professional experience across four continents. Our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects in international cooperation. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our website www.gitec-consult.com
• Supervision of Contractor’s activities (work schedule, designs, works, reports and other specifications)
• Monitoring of construction and implementation activities according to FIDIC contracts
• Coordination and liaison with all relevant stakeholders (client, contractor, consulting team, donor)
• Reporting as per client/donor requirements (submission of regular progress reports)
• Ensure Environmental, Social, Health, and Safety Management (ESHS) standards are applied by the contractor
• Effective complaint handling and follow-up
Qualifications and Skills Required
• Master’s in civil engineering or similar degree
• At least 10 years of general professional experience as (Chief) Resident Engineer
• At least 8 years of experience in supervision of construction/implementation activities related to water supply, water treatment, wastewater treatment, sewerage systems and/or stormwater/urban drainage infrastructure
• Experience in Water and Sanitary Engineering projects financed by International Finance Institutions such as (KfW, WB, AFD, EDF, EC ALA)
• Proven experience using FIDIC contracts or similar and thorough knowledge of procurement procedures and principles
• Experience in implementing and monitoring ESHS standards
• Required fluency in English; French full professional proficiency an asset
• Profound project management experience and ability to manage large international teams (10+ members) of local and international experts
• Experience in related projects in sub-Saharan African countries and southeast Asia would be preferred
Duration of Project Assignments
We are looking for experts with the above profile for various projects as of January 2024 with an average anticipated duration of at least 12 months.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV, copies of relevant diplomas and employers‘ certificates including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability to:
Quoting the Job ref. no.: CREINDIA_01-24
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!