For an ongoing and future international cooperation projects GITEC-IGIP GmbH is looking for experienced international Environmental, Social, Health and Safety (ESHS) Experts familiar with ESHS standards of public funding organisations and strong experience applying these in health and social infrastructure projects.
|Country / City
|Various / Asia/Africa
|As soon as possible
|Short-term and Long-term assignments
|As soon as filled
About the company
GITEC-IGIP GmbH is a leading consulting company for international development cooperation projects, headquartered in Cologne/Germany. GITEC-IGIP’s multi-cultural team and global network of companies and offices has more than five decades of professional experience across four continents. Our companies lead mainly publicly financed development projects around the world. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our website www.gitec-consult.com.
- General Responsibility for the social safeguards components of Environmental, Social, Health and Safety (ESHS) documentation, including, but not limited to:
- Environmental and Social Management Framework (ESMF)
- Resettlement Policy Framework (RPF)
- Grievance Redress Mechanism (GRM)
- Land Acquisition and Compensation Plans (LACP) / Resettlement Plan (RP)
- Specific Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMP/ Environmental and Social Code of Practice (ESCOP) as required
- Community/ Stakeholder Engagement Plans (SEP) and any other related documents required by the Client and KfW/public funding organisation, e.g., for rural road rehabilitation, water supply and sanitation systems, small village level rural infrastructures, public buildings
- ESHS related capacity building and training of government authorities and contractors’ personnel
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent in relevant fields of specialisation (Environmental Engineering/Social Science or similar)
- At least 10 years relevant international project experience especially in Asia and Africa
- At least 3 projects in the last 8 years as Social and/or Environmental Safeguards Expert in Rural Infrastructure Projects
- Understanding of and proven work experience with World Bank Environmental and Social Standards (ESSs), KfW’s Sustainability Guideline and ESHS toolbox, World Bank Group’s Environmental, Health and Safety Guidelines as well as applicable industry specific guidelines (e.g., related to roads, water and sanitation, waste management).
- Knowledge and experience with guidelines on incorporating Human Rights Standards and Principles, including gender, in projects for bilateral/multilateral technical and financial cooperation.
- Understanding of the requirements related to ILO Core Labour Standards and the UN Basic Principles and Guidelines on Development-based Evictions and Displacement
- Full fluency in English; French would be an asset
Duration of Project Assignments
We are looking for experts with the above profile for various projects with an average anticipated duration of at least 12 months.