For an ongoing project, GITEC-IGIP GmbH is looking for a Chief Resident Engineer with strong experience in wastewater infrastructure construction supervision in Jordan or in the middle-east region.
|Country / City||Project Start||Duration||Deadline|
|Jordan / Amman||Planned for 01 Sep. 2023||Long-term assignment||Latest by 15 July 2023|
About the company
GITEC-IGIP GmbH is a leading consulting company for development and international cooperation projects. GITEC-IGIP’s multi-cultural team and global network of companies and offices around the world has more than five decades of professional experience across four continents. Our companies lead mainly publicly financed projects in international cooperation. We are constantly looking for high-profile consultants. For more details, please visit our web site www.gitec-consult.com
Sewer Networks Al Mansour, Khirbet Msalam, Umm Hlailefeh
The main objective of this KfW’s funded project is to provide an environmentally safe collection of wastewater for the population of Amman namely the areas of Al Mansour, Khirbet Msalam, Umm Hlailefeh through the construction of sewer collection systems.
Your Main Duties in this Position
- Supervision of Contractor’s activities (work schedule, designs, works, reports and other specifications)
- Monitoring of construction and implementation activities according to FIDIC contracts (Pink Book)
- Coordination and liaison with all relevant stakeholders (client, contractor, consulting team, donor)
- Reporting as per client/donor requirements (submission of regular progress reports)
- Ensure Environmental, Social, Health, and Safety Management (ESHS) standards are applied by the contractor
- Effective complaint handling and follow-up
Your Expertise / Profile
- University degree in civil engineering
- At least 15 years of general professional experience
- At least 8 years of experience in construction supervision for wastewater systems; with substantial input in at least 3 projects of similar nature
- Experience in design of wastewater systems would be an asset
- Experience in Water and Sanitary Engineering projects financed by International Finance Institutions such as (KfW, WB, AFD, EDF, EC ALA)
- Proven experience using FIDIC contracts or similar and thorough knowledge of procurement procedures and principles are required
- Sound experience in project management of a team composed of international and local experts
- Good command of English
- Experience in Jordan or in the region is an asset
Time Schedule / Duration of Assignment
The assignment is estimated to start by September 2023 with a planned duration of 20 months.
If you are interested
Please send us an email containing your most recent English CV, copies of relevant diplomas and employers‘ certificates including full contact details, fee expectations (per day / per month) and details on availability to:
Quoting the Job ref. no.: CRE/SN-JOR-06/2023
Or apply online via the Application-Form in the section below.
Please note that we can only consider candidates who meet the required criteria!